This website is designed to be an information portal on BVD, providing relevant technical documents to aid BVD control and elimination. Please note that the BVDFree Scheme is not in a position to advise farmers on their specific BVD control plans. These should be discussed with a vet.
Accounts and Logging In
BVD - The Disease
- What is BVD?
- How common is BVD?
- Why eradicate BVD?
- When is BVD most likely to infect my herd?
- Where can I get more information about BVD?
- What are the signs of an active herd infection?
BVDFree England - About the scheme
BVDFree England - Registering
- How do I register for BVD Free England?
- Many of my farmers don’t have an email address. Can they use our practice email address to complete the registration process?
- How much does it cost to register?
- Why does my vet need to know I have signed up for BVDFree?
- I already belong to a herd health scheme – why should I register for BVDFree?
- When will I be assigned my BVDFree herd status?
BVDFree England - Testing for BVD under the scheme
- What should I do if I have a PI?
- How do I test for BVD under the scheme?
- How do I know whether my lab is a designated laboratory?
- If I am notified that the tissue sample tag is empty - what should I do?
- If I want to re-test an animal positive for BVD virus, how long should be left between the two tests?
- How stable are tag samples after collection?
BVDFree England - Interpreting test results
- How does vaccination affect test results?
- When tag and testing calves, how soon can they be sold after receiving a negative result?
- If a calf is positive for BVD virus is the dam also a PI?
- If a dam has previously had a negative calf and then has a positive calf does she need to be tested?
- If a dairy cow is a PI what do I do with her milk?
BVDFree England - Accessing test results
- How do I bookmark / save the app for easy access?
- How to I login to my BVDFree account?
- How do I find out my test results?
- Can my veterinary practice have access to my results as well?
- What should I do if I have problems accessing the database / cannot find my results?
- Can I find out if my neighbouring herds have tested positive or negative for BVD?